Bo Robinson Assessment
377 Enterprise Avenue Trenton, NJ 08638
Phone: (609) 695-7050
Fax: (609) 695-7052
Bo Robinson Assessment Treatment Center
- In January 1997, the Albert M. Bo Robinson Assessment Treatment Center opened as a 320-bed, full minimum male halfway house facility.
- In March 2004, Bo Robinson opened its first 100-bed women’s program.
- Bo Robinson Assessment Treatment Center went through a second expansion in May 2008. This most recent state of the art addition brought the total bed capacity to 900-beds.
Bo Robinson Assessment
Treatment Center SERVICES
- The goal of the facility is to provide an intensive treatment program that emphasizes relapse prevention and preparation for transfer into a work-release program.
- The assessment process at Bo Robinson Assessment Treatment Center uses standardized and actuarially based instruments to gather information to determine an offender’s current risk factors for public safety concerns and recidivism.
- The assessment evaluation also gathers data to determine an offender’s current treatment needs. After the data collection is complete, staff develop an assessment report used to create an individualized reentry treatment plan for each offender during his/her stay.
- The treatment component consists of carefully selected therapeutic services including individual and group counseling; cognitive-behavioral training; substance abuse treatment; educational services; life skills; cultural diversity programs; family program; workforce development activities; work-release services; faith-based services.
- The components are delivered in a variety of contexts, including lecture format, classroom instruction, small group sessions, and individual counseling.
- The Alumni Association is very active at Bo Robinson Assessment Treatment Center and assists offenders in their transition from treatment back into the community through the provision of supportive services.
- Bo Robinson Assessment Treatment Center is accredited by the American Correctional Association (ACA) and scored a perfect 100% on all mandatory and non-mandatory standards during its last accreditation.
- CEC is the service provider for Education and Health Centers of America, Inc at Bo Robinson.
New Jersey Department of Corrections, New Jersey State Parole Board, Mercer County, New Jersey, Gloucester County, New Jersey
900 adult males and females
Bo Robinson Assessment Treatment Center VISITING SCHEDULE AND PROCEDURES
Revised Visit Schedule effective July 27, 2011
Because of the decrease in the population it is no longer necessary to have visits on Saturday mornings. The Bo Robinson Assessment Treatment Center population has stabilized and we will return to week night visits only.
Monday: Surrender (Female Population)
Tuesday: Integrity I
Wednesday: Hope Lane
Thursday: Patience Lane
Friday: Harmony I
- Visiting Hours on Monday through Friday are from 7:00pm to 9:00pm. Visitor registration will begin at 6:00pm. The latest that a visitor can register for a visit will be 7:00pm.
- Anyone arriving beyond the 7:00pm cutoff time will not be permitted to register for a visit. There is a maximum of 2 adults and 4 children per visit.
- Proper behavior and dress is expected of all residents and their guests during visits.
- Residents and visitors are permitted to kiss and hug at the start and the end of the visit. Touching and kissing will not be permitted during the visit and will result in the visit being terminated.
- Upon notification by staff that the visit is over, the resident will remain seated and the visitor(s) will be required to immediately leave the visiting area under the direction of staff.
The resident will remain seated until given direction by staff to depart the area.
- Each resident will be required to submit to a pat-search before being escorted to his/her housing unit. Any resident found to be in possession of contraband following a visit will forfeit his/her next three visiting periods and will be subject to further discipline. Possession of contraband could lead as well to revocation of your visitors’ visiting privileges, and criminal prosecution of the resident and/or the visitor(s).
Pacific Telephone Company provides discount inmate telephone service to Bo Robinson Assessment Treatment Center and all other prisons in the New Jersey Department of Corrections.